« Home | Pasolini's "The Gospel According to St. Matthew" » | New Book Arrivals » | "You shall not boil a kid in its mother's milk" » | John P. Meier on "Q" » | iGod Again » | A Reprobate? » | The Parting of Ways » | Quote for the Day » | The Task of Reinterpretation » | Toughest Book Ever Read » 

Thursday, April 06, 2006 

Random Talk

You'll have to forgive the light blogging this week. I've been buried in Ancient Near Eastern texts for my "Biblical Backgrounds" class. We are somewhat behind in the class so our work load was increased pretty substantially this week. But next week I am going to do a series of posts that will criticize some aspects of Luke Timothy Johnson's book on the historical Jesus that I just finished reading. My main critique will be on his understanding of the resurrection. Before I begin the posts I'm going to try to e-mail Dr. Johnson and present some questions to him. Hopefully, he will reply.

In the meantime I've made a few additions to the site. The first is my photo. I'm not exactly computer literate so it took some time for me to figure out how to finally upload one. The other additions I want to point out is the KC Hanson and Online Primary Texts links. These two sites have a plethora of information on pretty much anything having to do with the Ancient Mediterranean world and are loaded with primary and secondary material resources. So enjoy.

Hit Counter
Free Web Counter />